**I have updated this on 1/1/14 to reflect back on my 2013 goals**
I decided that instead of having resolutions I am going to have goals. If those goals change or are not met I won’t stress about them because life happens and one cannot always accomplish what they had in mind at the beginning of year. If you want to see how I did with my resolutions last year check out a previous post (I was trying to link it, but I can’t figure out how to do that in WordPress).
Goal #1: Take on less responsibilities
For the 2011-2012 I was the President of my local MOMS Club group. Then I decided to take on the job of President for another year (July 2012-June 2013). It was fun at first, but now it is just too much work for me, along with everything else that is going on and I am not enjoying it as much. I’ve decided that when this year is over I am also done with being President. I also want to be done with being on the board, but we’ll see how that goes. I would love it, if someone stepped up to be President, but I think it is going to be like pulling teeth.
–I was not President for the third term!!!
Along with being President of my club I also volunteer with the “mother” organization MOMS Club International. I oversee five chapters and am there to answer any questions or concerns that they have. I did this all last year. It hasn’t been bad, but it is something else that takes away my time and isn’t super fulfilling. I guess I’ll have to see how things pan out once I am no longer President.
–I ended up quitting this too!
I was volunteering at a local no-kill animal shelter and they recently made some staff changes that I was not too happy about. They let go one of the groomers and it was her that first introduced us to Lucy almost seven years ago. Lucy has been going to her every month for the past five years to get groomed. It was so nice having her around and I just don’t understand why they would get rid of her. They said it was due to money and they needed to cut down, but I figured that we were almost paying for a dog a year with what we spent on the grooming. I also know that there were so many clients. It just seems like this new management isn’t great, which makes me want to not volunteer there as much. I guess with this one I will also see what happens. We will also have to start grooming our own dogs, which I guess will be saving us some money.
–I stopped volunteering here and we quit sending our dogs to the groomers.
Goal #2: Eat right, lose weight, and exercise
–Not really completed.
- Eating Right-I am hopeful that I can get back on track and get started on eating right. I know that my body is definitely craving good food because of all of the crap I have eaten the last couple of months. I also want to get back into juicing. I was doing it fairly regularly and then I stopped. I will also go back to tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal, which is now linked up with my Body Media Fit Armband, which is much more convenient for me. –I did for a bit, but fell off the wagon towards the end of the year. I think that always happens :(.
- Lose Weight-I would like to lose the 9lbs that I gained this past year and get back to the weight that feels right on me. It’s also the weight where my pants fit correctly! To lose the weight I will be eating right and exercising! Hopefully, I will be able to keep the weight off and not let it slowly rise up again like every year! –I lost most of it, but gained it back, ugh!!!
- Weight Lifting-I will be doing this this year! We cleaned out the garage so that we could have more space and so that it wasn’t so cluttered in there. My excuse not to start was that I needed to read the book to do it right. I think that I will just jump into doing this and I’ll have Christopher there to check to make sure I am doing to correctly. –I never started this, but in 2014 I will!
- Running-I will get back into this. I would like to be able to run 2-3 times per week. That would be awesome! I’ll also do one 1/2 marathon this year. It won’t be the Napa one because that one was too rough on my knees. –I actually started running and was running 4x a week, but then life had other plans and I haven’t run in awhile.
- Exercise Workouts-I haven’t decided if I will attempt to do P90X this year. I think that I will do some Jillian Michaels DVDs (hers are always fun and easy to do). I then will probably just use my Nike Training Club app to do an exercise workout. –I didn’t really do these either
- Walk the dogs more-I have been slacking on this and I plan to do it more and for longer! –I think that I was slacking on this still :(.
Goal #3: More “me” time
–I don’t know how I did on this. I think that I got some me time. I definitely read a lot this year and I think that would show that I got some!
I feel like I need more alone time. During this time I need to do something that I love or makes me feel good with no interruptions from the boys. I know that Christopher will make this one an easy one for me. I would also like to take a trip with some girl friends for the weekend.
Goal #4: Learn either the piano or guitar
–This didn’t happen
I really want to learn and this year I will! Even it means taking a class 🙂
Goal #5: Read 24 books
–I did this!!! I actually read 36!
Goal #6: House Projects
- Paint-I really want to get this done and I think that I will have to be the one to do it! I think that the house would feel more warm with paint and I want to get that going. –Didn’t happen
- Decorate-To make the house feel more warm I think that it needs to be decorated a bit and pictures of our family need to be up. –Didn’t happen
- Backyard-This will definitely be done this year. Now we just have to figure out a way to not spend as much money as the quote is! –This did happen!
- Go through the rooms and de-clutter!-We did pretty well with this last year, but there are still rooms to go. –This did happen, but I need to go through another round!
- Get rid of our popcorn ceiling-I think that we can do this. First, I have to get it tested to see if it has asbestos. –The ceiling was tested and was negative for asbestos! We got one room done, but I don’t know if we will get to the others.
Goal #7: Garden
–I did have a garden and we got squash, tomatoes, pumpkins, lettuce, kale, watermelon, and cantaloupe. It still wasn’t as big or had as much bounty as I was hoping.
I really want to do a good garden this year. I know that I state that every year, but this year I have a little greenhouse to get me started and I will just have to plan out everything around our vacations to make sure that something happens. I would like to start from seed. I also think that Anderson is old enough now to know that he can’t pick whatever he wants from the plants.
Goal #8: Be healthy!
–At the beginning of the year we all had the flu. Then we did get the stomach flu only about once. We got colds and the boys got pink eye! I got my vision checked and I have 20/20! I still need to go get a physical!
Last year I got the stomach flu about three times, one which lead to the panic attack (see earlier post). I was also sick again over Christmas and New Years. I just want to be more healthy this year. I know that this is mostly out of my control, but I really wish for it to come true! Speaking of healthy, I want to go to the doctor to get a physical to make sure that everything is going well. I also need to go get my vision checked out.
Goal #9: Date nights with Christopher
–We had some, but not regular and I think that there were probably some months where we didn’t go out. In December we went on an overnight date and it was the first time since we have had kids!
We need to make sure that every month we have a date night. By date night I mean a dinner and a movie or dinner and something else. I don’t feel like we get enough alone time. Along with this goal is the hope that I find a couple more babysitters to watch the boys so that we can go out when we want. It is just hard trying to find someone that you would trust to leave your kids with.
Goal #10: Upkeep our pictures more regularly!
–I did this at the beginning of the year, but then slacked on it! Now I have to play catch-up!
I have been on this long process of getting all of our photos uploaded to my computer on Picasa and then transferring them over to Christopher’s online Picasa. It is a lot of work when we haven’t done it for the whole year! I also have to have all of the pictures organized and labeled. This takes a long time! I figured that after I am done with doing the pictures from last year (& many that my mom had starting from when Nathan was born) I will have done close to 3,000 pictures! If I could do our pictures monthly it would be so helpful. I could also do the photo books that I want!
Goal #11: Blogging
–I did ok at the beginning of the year and then not so much towards the other half.
I really want to do my family blog more. I think that is the one that is the most important to me. The Gorilla Monkey Tree was fun, but I just didn’t have any time for it last year. This blog is also good and I actually did a decent job of sticking to my goals with this one. Now that Blogger has made it easier to upload videos I don’t think that I will have a problem keeping up. I especially like the phone app, which makes blogging wherever super easy!
Goal #12 Baby Books
–I completed this!!!
I am going to get both of the boys’ baby books completed this year!
Goal #13: Build Stuff
–I didn’t do this 😦
I would really like to build some furniture for the house and build stuff out of wood. I LOVE Ana-White’s site and she has so many projects that I would love to do.
Goal #14: Learn to Meditate
–I actually started this and then life happened again. I will do this in 2014
I think it would be nice to learn how to do this and get some peace for a little bit each day. I also think that it will help with my anxiety :).
Goal #15: Travel More
–We did travel more this year, but it wasn’t all for fun.
I would love to take some smaller trips to places with the boys. I love traveling and would like to do more of it!
Ok, I am sure that I could think of more stuff to write, but I am hungry and I need to get this day started! Happy New Year!!!